Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Working from home

In the age of broadband, working remotely is a simple matter. With a PC and a DSL or Cable connection, the speed of online tasks, server access, etc. is nearly as fast as being in the office on the network. With the price of gas these days, this option is also a huge cost savings...especially for those employees with longer commutes. Mine is approximately 40 minutes of in town driving. I burn a tank up every 4-5 days. Working @ home one day a week saves me about $6-9 on gas and another $6-7 that I would have spent at lunch.

The only drawback to working at home is not working. It can be tempting to run errands, do housework or simply goof off. I find that "getting ready to go to work," the same as if I was driving into the office, helps me when I work at home. I'm also lucky to have a study which makes it easy for me to work in a separate room, door closed to the rest of the house. This also keeps me focused on work. And most of the time, I find that I'm more productive working from home than working in the office where there are significantly more distraction.

Why am I blogging about this...cause I'm worked from home today and I have nothing interesting to write about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home