Friday, September 16, 2005

New eBay Scam

Just got this at work, so I know it's a hoax. I've never used my work email for ebay.

Marketplace Safety Tip

If this email is an offer to sell an item without winning it on the eBay web site (including "second chance offers" sent through this email system) please do not respond to the sender.
Transactions made outside eBay are unsafe and not covered by eBay's Purchase Protection Programmes.

Never pay for your eBay item using instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram.
These payment methods are unsafe when paying someone you do not know.

If this email is inappropriate or breaches eBay policy, please help protect other eBay community members by reporting it to us immediately.

Dear eBay member,

Hey are you going to buy the item from the auction that you won, why dont you answer to my emails, if you dont Respond Now I will contact ebay safeharbor and I will report you ! I am not a fool !

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below.

Thank you,
uoaction23
The buttom in the email pointed to:
//mail.refasa.com.pe/horde/.sign//secure3/
.eBayISAPIdllSignInfavoritenav=2sid2=ruproduct
=pp=co_partnerId=2ru=i1=ruparams=pageType=pa2
=bshowgif=pa1=pUserId=errmsg
=UsingSSL-runame-iteid=0/index.htm"

It's 100% Phishing. I'm amaazed that people fall for these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home