Monday, October 25, 2004

PC Build or Blunder...depending on your perspective...1.2

I followed the motherboard manual to the letter, got everything connected to the labeled buses, powered up just fine, but for the life of me I couldn't get the damn thing to see the primary or secondary drives. After two days of frustrating trail and error I finally took it to the pros at a local shop. They are charging me $35 for a diagnostic which will hopefully yield a working PC.

I tried everything I could think of, scoured the web for info...since this is a very new motherboard there ain't much and the ASUS site is worthless when it comes to tech support and trouble shouting. I suspect the fix will be something cryptic that I'd never have figured out on my own. I should have it back on Saturday and hopefully it won't cost and arm and leg.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home